Recruitment is the process of finding and hiring candidates for the desired job in the organization. It includes the entire hiring procedure, from inviting the application to the candidate’s integration in the organization.
Recruitment refers to the process of identifying, attracting, interviewing, selecting, hiring, and induction of employees. Recruitment is a part of staffing in which the positions are filled.
Recruitment also varies from organization to organization, depending upon their size. Large organizations may have their recruiters, while the others have a single recruiter. In many organizations, they outsource the recruiting to a recruitment agency. These organizations hire candidates according to the requirement of the client.
There are many ways to hire candidates, like advertisements, social media sites, job boards, etc. All these options are used basically for new positions. The other jobs are filled internally or through the reference of the employees.
As the recruitment process is different for each organization, there are essential steps to be followed in the hiring process, which are;
Table of Contents
Essential Steps For Hiring Process:
Identify the hiring need.
It is the first step to check the vacancies in the organization, followed by the job specifications like knowledge, experience, and the skills needed for the specific job. Analyze the performance of the employees and make a list of the missing qualifications, qualities, skills, and proficiencies that are needed to add to your team.
Prepare a job description.
After identifying the skills and knowledge required for the job, prepare a job description that will help you find potential employees according to the role.
The job description includes the title of the job, duties and responsibilities, qualifications and skills, location, perks, compensation, and benefits.
It gives a guideline to the employees to compare themselves before applying for the job. This tool also ensures to get the applications from the suitable candidates hopefully.
Searching and identifying the talent, motivating them, and attracting them to apply for the job is the most critical aspect of the recruitment process. Job fairs can be conducted to attract fresh talent from the market.
The social networking sites can also be used or promote openings in the leading industry publications for a more comprehensive network. There are two sources of recruitment to search the talent:-
Internal recruitment also motivates existing employees, makes them more productive, maximizes their job satisfaction, and increases job security. It reduces the cost and effort of the recruitment team.
- Transfer -to fill the vacancies in different locations without any changes in the job roles, salary, or status of the employee can be done through transferring the suitable candidates from one location to other as per the requirement of the organization.
- Promotion – Vacation for a higher position can be filled by promoting the efficient employee to the senior position within the organization for handling more responsibilities. It also motivates employees to perform better.
- Demotion – sometimes management has to take harsh decisions of lowering the position of the underperformers. This will help the employees to understand their responsibility to perform and makes them more efficient in working in the organization. This helps the organization to fill the lower positions.
- Retired employees – In case of a critical project requiring an experienced person, then retired employees can be used to fill the position for a short span of time until the appropriate candidate is found.
- Previous applicants – it happens that all the candidates who have applied for the previous jobs cannot be placed in the organization. So when a new vacancy arrives, it is very beneficial to use the previous database to reduce the cost and effort.
- External sources – Recruiting through external sources increases the scope of qualified candidates. This works very beneficially for bulk-hiring to fill the requirements of the organization.
- Advertisements – Advertisement builds a brand identity for the organization to attract efficient candidates towards them. You can use digital media or print media for this work to get better results at a reduced cost.
- Job portals – The internet has grown a lot these days; job portals play a crucial role in connecting the candidates with the companies. Job seekers look at this portal for better career prospects. So, these are excellent sources for the recruiters to get the top talent.
- Campus placements – For bulk, quick and inexpensive hiring of suitable and fresh talent, campus placement is the best option. The candidates at the campus are energetic, competent, enthusiastic, and more willing to work.
- Placement agencies –Placement agencies are a solution to fill the vacancies that often demand a lot of effort, resources, and time. These agencies help to find the top talent for the companies at a reduced cost.
- Job fairs are a one-stop public event for offering jobs to a large pool of talent for bulk requirements. It saves time and money.
Screening and shortlisting:
This is a complex and challenging step in the recruitment process. In this step, the candidates with minimum qualifications are screened.
The resumes are sorted based on the experience, expertise, competencies, certificates, and specific skills required for the role to perform. Pinpoint the various concerns and queries so that they can be clarified at the time of the interview. According to this process, the candidates are short-listed to click for sources about top auto recruitment agencies.
The shortlisted candidates are invited for the interview process before giving them the offer letter or rejection note. Depending on the size of the organization, they can invite interview candidates.
TELEPHONIC /VIDEO INTERVIEWING
To screen candidates and their capabilities, telephonic interviewing is the most convenient and easy way. This is the first interview in which you screen the candidates on their knowledge and skills mentioned in their resume.
Personal interviews are the final and last step before the final evaluation and making the job offer. The top management conducts final interviews, and only a small pool of standout candidates are a part of these interviews.
In these interviews, the questions only to the specific job the candidates are applying for are asked, and the final decision is made.
Offer of employment
In this step, the offer letter is made in which all the benefits, terms, and conditions are mentioned to avoid any confusion later on. Also, check the references in advance provided by the candidate in the resume or at the time of the interview.
Every new candidate feels a bit awkward at first; we should make them comfortable by helping them to settle in the new environment. Make sure to provide them with all the essential supplies to make them welcome to the organization by conversing with colleagues about non-work stuff.
Induction of the employees
After the employees of the company accept the offer letter. The joining date and time are communicated to the employee. In the induction process, a welcome kit is given to the new employee, and then the employee signs the contract.
This is the full process of recruitment in which the candidates are screened and evaluated to make them potential employees of the company.
All the companies cannot have their in-house recruiters, so they hire recruitment agencies for this process. For hiring the potential talent for their employees, learn more reasons why we need the top auto recruitment agencies.
12 Reasons Why Your Company Need Auto Recruiting Agencies:
1. SAVES TIME
Recruitment agencies save the time of business because they take care of the initial steps of hiring. In business it is said “time is money,” the recruitment agency always saves time.
Recruitment agencies deal with all types of administration issues of communicating with all kinds of candidates, whether successful or unsuccessful and verifying candidate information like candidates’ qualifications and references.
So it is beneficial for the companies to outsource recruiting to agencies and search for sources about the top auto recruitment agencies.
2. KNOWLEDGE OF MARKET
It becomes difficult for the companies to find the potential talent from the market for the specific job. But on the other hand, the recruitment agencies have full knowledge of the market trends.
The recruitment agencies are experts in hiring as they hire regularly and have complete insight into what is happening in the market.
They know how to reach the best talent, salary rates, hiring complexities, career expectations of the candidates, skill sets, etc., which the companies require to hire a candidate.
Once you have developed good relations with the recruitment agencies, they will prove an asset to you in the future. As they act as a partner, you can say the collaborators to the business and become your ears and eyes in the market.
3. EXTENDED REACH TO BEST TALENT
The recruitment agencies have access to the best talent available in the market. This includes all the candidates looking for jobs and even those who are currently employed somewhere else. They have the full database of the candidates in the market.
Finding the right candidate sometimes becomes difficult for the companies as they don’t hire regularly. But recruitment agencies have many networks through which they can contact potential candidates.
4. COST-SAVING By Auto Recruitment Agencies
Recruitment agencies have an excess of a large number of candidates, which reduces the cost of advertisement. If the companies have single or fewer job openings, it will be costly to recruit them.
Short-term costs saved like an advertisement, hiring the unfit employees, in-house staff can perform their other duties, etc.
Long-term costs saved like training costs, future hiring costs due to trustworthy relations with recruitment agencies, quick hiring, etc.
Recruitment agencies conduct the initial conversations with the candidates, and they are also experts in negotiating salaries. This reduces the cost of the company.
5. REDUCES THE HIRING RISKS
Recruitment agencies reduce the risk of hiring inadequate and unfit employees for the company as they are experts at their job because they hire daily. They have full knowledge of the market trends. So they can hire talented candidates for your company.
6. HANDLES ONBOARDING AND PAYROLL
The recruitment agencies take care of the temporary employees’ onboarding paperwork, payroll taxes, compensation, benefits, etc.
7. INCREASES ROI By Auto Recruitment Agencies
Employers sometimes are looking for the resumes of candidates with some specialist qualities for specific projects. The recruitment agencies save employers time and money so that they can focus on other business aspects.
They, in short, increase the return on the investment of the companies as the charges paid to the recruitment agencies give more results than hiring done by the companies themselves.
8. NEED FOR SHORT TERM STAFF
Employers may need a temporary employee due to some reasons like permanent staff being sick, on maternity leave, any family emergencies, or absentees.
Recruitment agencies have access to those people also who are willing to work for a short span of time or have the flexibility to schedule. So they can handle these situations for the companies.
9. REDUCES THE OVERTIME PAY
The hiring process is very time-consuming. Sometimes this process takes long hours, and the companies have to pay overtime to the recruiting staff. It helps to save the full-time employees from burning out and paying overtime costs to the employees if they work on an hourly basis which proves a significant benefit to recruitment agencies.
10. LESSER FOOTWORK
The recruitment agency helps in reducing the footwork of the company in finding suitable candidates. On the other hand, it also allows the candidates to choose from a wide range of jobs available with the recruiting agencies. The companies need not have to look for candidates on various portals or sites. They can get all the work done by the auto recruitment agencies.
11. HIGHER RETENTION PERIOD
Click for source about top auto recruitment agencies provided with the probability of learning about the entire company’s process which they are about to join. Before giving the candidates a permanent position, complete knowledge about the methods and work they perform is given. This increases the retention period of the employees in the company.
12. ADDITIONAL SERVICES For Auto Recruitment Agencies
Recruitment agencies check on the candidate’s background, which is essential for hiring potential employees. Companies feel assured that the candidate you meet has already passed the provisional tests as part of the job requirements.
Recruitment agencies also provide other services like a contract or permanent recruitment, psychometric tests, executive search, project support, and other beneficial facilities.
It has never been easy to hire qualified and potential candidates and fill the jobs faster than any recruitment agencies by the companies. So, hire the recruitment agency to reduce time and cost and get more beneficial services than recruiting in the company.